This will be the temporary home of the Dosbox port to OS/2. Below are the files released until now.
Netlabs has a Wiki and there is a page for Dosbox/2.
- This version now contains support for MPU401. Dosbox/2 Alpha 2
- This version now makes noise. For now please use the attached DLLs. Dosbox/2 Alpha 3
- This version fixes the problems with the crashing keymapper and the shifted keys. For now please use the attached DLLs. Dosbox/2 Alpha 4
- This version includes untested support for serial passthrough and cdrom ioctl. For now please use the attached DLLs. Dosbox/2 Alpha 5
- This version fixes a bug with internal command copy and capturing screenshots. As always only use the included DLLs. Dosbox/2 Alpha 6
Screenshot from Wing Commander II.
- This version now supports the internal Dosbox debugger through ncurses.
You need to set the environment variable "TERM", e.g. to "ANSI", if you use the debugging versions.
The package now includes three executables:
An explanantion of the internal debugger can be found on the FAQ pages of the
- DOSBOX.EXE: This is the normal version. No debugging support included.
- DOSBOXD.EXE: This is the debugging version.
- DOSBOXHD.EXE: This is the heavy debugging version.
The mouse is now captured if you press CTRL+F10. Also, pressing and releasing ALT doesn't activate the
system menu anymore.
As always only use the included DLLs. Dosbox/2 Alpha 7
- This version now contains direct serial support. SDL's mouse problem is fixed. MPU401 support is dropped, because it's not feasible at the moment.
The integrated midi emulation is good enough. Until the new SDL/2 binaries show up on Netlabs, use the DLLs included. Dosbox/2 Beta 1
- This version fixes a bug, that prevented some installers to work and made DOSBOX/2 crash. Dosbox/2 Beta 2
Now included in the package are debug versions of the three executables. Their names include a "_d" prefix, e.g. the debug version of dosboxd.exe is dosboxd_d.exe.
- This version fixes the mispainted key mapper.
The binaries are now splitted into three packages:
I will prepare a source package soon. For the naming convention of the binaries see above.
- The DLLs needed by DOSBOX/2. This package will stay the same in the future.
- The release binaries of DOSBOX/2 Beta 3.
- The debug binaries of DOSBOX/2 Beta 3.
- I submitted a patch against the 0.63 source tree. You can download it from sourceforge.
I have build two installers, based on the template by Martin Iturbide, and with some help from dargndorp:
- This package just gives you what need to run Dosbox. The package includes
KEYB.EXE from FreeDOS plus precompiled keyboard layout and some language files for DOSBOX.
- This package also includes the debugging bins including the internal debugger versions.
Be aware that you need the /usr/share/terminfo directory from libncurses. PLEASE download this package if you really,
really need this. Otherwise I probably get OS2.ORGed ;-)
- Beta 1 of Dosbox from CVS (2005/26/11)
- Zip package of the release executables
- Zip package of the debug executables
- (2006/04/28) The 0.65 release of DOSBOX/2 is out!
- Installer for Dosbox 0.65
- Installer for Dosbox 0.65 including the Debug versions
- (2006/12/13) I did a build of DOSBOX/2 from CVS as of 2006/12/12
- Installer for Dosbox (CVS 2006/12/12)
Installer for Dosbox/2 0.72 (CVS 2008/01/25)
- Installer for Dosbox/2 0.74 (SVN 2015/06/05)